Tuesday, August 25, 2020

I failed miserably. I think I am not a flirt; I am a man of principles, a man of wrong principles I guess.

I started these trading experiments but I failed miserably. I think I am not a flirt; I can not flirt. I am a man of principles, a man of wrong principles I should say. What made me a loser? What should be my therapy to be a successful flirt?

1) I failed to get out in time. I made a decision that I was in for x number of days but I hang on too long though the flirt was no more looking like fun. I kept hoping that there would be fun. I kept waiting for too long. 
My problem: I hate to be wrong but to me, I guess it is okay to be stupid. I stupidly kept waiting a day more, a week more...I got into a trap and my flirting targets actually fuc*ed me. I need to be disciplined. I need flirting at the right time, and if it ain't happening, I am not waiting!
I MUST WATCH price and time stop-losses.

2) I really failed to find the right flirts. I didn't realize that what I picked for flirting were actually in a period, or were sick! I failed to recognize that there was no fun, but only baby-sitting. Sometimes, a stock looked too attractive because it had a solid day. It is like the subject had a lucky day and a great look for a day, but nothing long-lasting or powerful enough in it to generate a strong following. I got duped!!

My problems: 
* I jumped on too quickly. Just one day of a powerful movement with a very high volume is not enough. There has to be more proof. The stock has to cross the recent top with solid volume. Either a new high or a few more days of great volume.
* There need to be at least two signals, two positives before flirting.

3) I traded with totally unknown stocks. I was overconfident. I thought I had the eyes, skills to find a stock before anyone else notices the value. I thought I could locate a flirt where nobody else can.

My Problem: I think I need bragging rights more than the money. I tried to get on the stocks too early before they were proven in a trend. I wanted to eat the whole pizza- buy at the bottom.
I must wait for the trend to confirm. I must see that there are others like me who are watching or are interested in this same stock.

4) I traded with convictions. I flirted not because of the looks or signs but  because I thought they coulda/woulda/shoulda. I need to be just a flirt- not a philosopher. It is not my business, nor do I have skills to see the future. I don't need to think the stock should, or it would go up! I traded UVXY...because I thought the market was going down and it made a perfect sense to own it. I bought them around $30 and they are at $20 today. My thinking, assumption that the market is going to go down forced me in an easy trap. It is okay to invest or buy based on convictions or assumptions; it is okay to get into relationships because I think... but for flirting? It is just the hotness of the subject, and the future bigger following that should matter.

My problem: I am trapped by my outlooks. I make judgement first that the market is high or low, and then I try to reduce me risk. That can be okay for a long term investment but not for flirting. For flirting, if it is hot, it is time to flirt. If it is starting to feel cold, leave it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What is wrong with my trading? The other me who keeps screaming inside me that the market is too risky. It is about to crash!!! It is actually killing me instead.

This all started in 2020. Two of my accounts were reaching 7 digits and I wanted to go all cash once they crossed that benchmark but I was 3...